2019 Chevy Equinox NH
The Chevy Equinox is a compact SUV that is versatile and capable in the city as well as on your longer cross-country road trips. Learn more about the Equinox below as well as the changes for the 2019 model year.
There have been a lot of changes and updates in the Chevy Equinox for the model year 2019. Some of these updates include new exterior colors like Pacific Blue Metallic and Kinetic Blue Metallic. You also have some changes in some of the packages offered and what trim you can get them on.
The Equinox has two new safety features for 2019 that are adaptive full-speed cruise control with stop and go and front pedestrian braking. The infotainment system and some of the technologies have also been upgraded for 2019 with certain cameras upgraded to HD and upgrades on the touchscreens. Learn more about these features and more when you take a closer look at the 2019 Chevy Equinox below.
Exterior and Trim Options
The 2019 Chevy Equinox is a stylish SUV that has aerodynamic sculpting to provide you with a beautiful form and function. This vehicle also has signature LED daytime running lamps to help you see and be seen. Also, with exterior features like the hands-free liftgate, this SUV makes your life easier.
If you want to upgrade the exterior style of your Chevy Equinox, you may want to check out the Redline Edition. The Redline Edition features black window trim, a black grille, 19-inch wheels, black mirror caps, and more.
There are also four trim level options for the 2019 Chevy Equinox. These trims include the L, LS, LT, and Premier. Check out the specific features that come with each trim below.
- L – The Chevy Equinox L is your base trim option. This vehicle comes with the base 170-horsepower engine. It also gives you some great standard technology features like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Bluetooth, Teen Driver, a rearview camera, an infotainment system, and a 7-inch touchscreen.
- LS – When you upgrade to the LS, you get the same features as the L, but you also get the option to add all-wheel drive, a rear seat entertainment system, and the LS Convenience package.
- LT – The LT trim gives you the option of upgrading your engine. You can choose the base engine, the 2.0-liter engine, or the turbodiesel engine to go with your LT trim. You also have options like the Lights and Bright package, the Confidence and Convenience package, and the Sun & Navigation package.
- Premier – Your highest trim level option is the Premier trim. This trim level adds features like heated front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, wireless phone charging, and an 8-inch touchscreen. You also get safety features like blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and rear parking sensors. With the Premier, you also have all three engine options as well as different packages to choose from.
Now that we have looked at the exterior and trim options in the 2019 Equinox, let’s take a closer look at the performance and some of the other features.
Next, let’s take a look at how the 2019 Equinox can perform for you. When you get an SUV or crossover, you want to be sure it has the power and capability to take on your everyday life. To do so, you need some good engine options. Check out what is under the hood of the 2019 Equinox below.
- Turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder – This is your base or standard engine in the 2019 Equinox. This engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. This 1.5-liter engine produces 170-horsepower. For fuel efficiency, the base engine gets you 26 city and 32 highway miles per gallon.
- Turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder – Your next option is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine produces 252-horsepower, and it is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. This engine gives you 22 city and 29 highway miles per gallon for fuel efficiency.
- 1.6-liter turbodiesel – Your final engine option for the 2019 Equinox is a 1.6-liter turbodiesel engine. This turbodiesel gives you 137-horsepower, so it is not quite as powerful as the other engines, but it offers you the best fuel economy. With the diesel engine, you can expect to get 28 city and 39 highway miles per gallon.
This compact SUV can get you where you need to go with any one of its three different engine options. You get a solid performance and good fuel efficiency with the Equinox, which makes it a good option for a compact SUV.
On the inside of the Equinox, you can find standard seating for five on cloth upholstery. However, there are some great interior upgrades available for the 2019 Equinox. For example, you can choose to upgrade to leather upholstery, heated front seats, heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel, ventilated front seats, and power-adjustable front seats. There is also an optional sunroof.
Another advantage that SUVs like the Equinox offer you is good cargo space. In the 2019 Equinox, you can get 29.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the second row of seats and 63.5 cubic feet of space with the second-row seats folded down. You also have an underfloor storage area that gives you some extra space to put your belongings. The 2019 Equinox also has a power liftgate and a hands-free power liftgate available for added convenience. Check out the other technology features you can find in the Equinox below.
One of the best parts of the Chevy Equinox is that this vehicle gives you a lot of great standard technology features to keep you connected. For example, the Equinox offers you standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so that you can integrate your smartphone into your vehicle. There is also an infotainment system called Chevy MyLink standard as well as a standard 7-inch touchscreen display for the system. This touchscreen and infotainment system makes it easy to access your technology, apps, music, phone contacts, and more. Other standard technology features in the Equinox include Bluetooth, a push-button start, a rearview camera, a USB port, Chevy’s Teen Driver system, and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
You can also upgrade your Equinox to get additional interior technology and features. Some of these additional options include satellite radio, a seven-speaker Bose audio system, remote start, additional USB ports, a larger 8-inch touchscreen, and wireless smartphone charging. All of these technology features are designed to make your life and your driving experience more connected, convenient, and enjoyable.
When it comes to safety, there are a lot of great features and technologies that you can find in the Chevy Equinox. This vehicle gives you a rearview camera and Chevy’s Teen Driver safety system standard. Then, you have many available safety technologies like a surround-view camera, adaptive cruise control, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, low-speed automatic braking, pedestrian detection, a rear seat alert, and more. Take a closer look at how some of these safety technologies work right here.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – This feature is used to maintain a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you when you are on the highway. The adaptive cruise control feature uses a forward-facing camera to judge the distance between vehicles and help your Equinox maintain a safe gap.
- Rear Seat Alert – This rear seat reminder can help remind you if you have left something in the backseat of your vehicle. What it does is detect whether the rear door was opened or closed before a trip. If it was opened, the vehicle will give you an alert to check the backseat before you leave your vehicle.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – This safety feature is on the lookout for pedestrians in your path. If the system detects that a collision is imminent, it will alert you and apply the brakes if necessary. This will help avoid the collision or reduce the severity of a collision.
- Teen Driver – The Chevy Teen Driver system is a safety system specifically designed to look out for your new drivers. This system allows you to set speed alerts, limits on the stereo volume, and more. There is also a seatbelt feature that helps remind your teen to buckle up. This safety feature can help your young driver be safer behind the wheel.
The Chevy Equinox was built to put safety first. That is why this SUV has a 5-star overall rating from the NHTSA for safety.
The 2019 Chevy Equinox has the power and capability to perform for you. This vehicle also has some great connective technology and safety technology. Also, with multiple trim options, you can find the Equinox that fits best with your life. If you have any questions about the 2019 Chevy Equinox or how you can customize this vehicle, you can reach out to our staff at Betley Chevrolet. We are happy to help you upgrade to an SUV that fits perfectly with your life.