2019 Chevy Malibu NH
The Chevy Malibu is a popular midsize car. The Malibu started off in 1964, and it has seen many changes since then. The Malibu was even discontinued from 1983 to 1997, but it was brought back because it satisfies a need in the world of cars. Learn more about the Chevy Malibu and all that it can offer you below.
For 2019, the Chevy Malibu has seen a mid-cycle refresh. This means there are a lot of good updates to this vehicle for this model year. One of the updates is the addition of three new exterior colors which include Pacific Blue Metallic, Northsky Blue Metallic, and Shadow Gray Metallic. The exterior was also restyled with new grilles, headlamps, wheel designs, and taillamps. On the inside of the Malibu, you will find some changes to the technology systems and features offered on different trim levels.
Other changes to the Malibu for 2019 include the deletion of the six-speed automatic transmission, which is being replaced by a CVT transmission. This change will give you better fuel economy. You also have a new trim level for 2019 which is the RS trim. Learn more about the 2019 Chevy Malibu and all that it has to offer you below.
Exterior and Trim Options
The exterior of the Chevy Malibu was updated for 2019. This vehicle has a sporty and sculpted exterior with a new grille, new available LED daytime running lamps, and LED taillamps. You can also choose one of the three new exterior colors Pacific Blue Metallic, Northsky Blue Metallic, and Shadow Gray to make your exterior even more your own.
There are five different trim options for the 2019 Chevy Malibu. These trims include the L, LS, RS, LT, and Premier. The RS trim is a new option for 2019. Check out more about each trim below.
- L – This is your base trim option, and it gives you standard technology features like the Infotainment 3 system, an 8-inch touchscreen, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and a rearview camera.
- LS – In the LS trim, you add features like Chevy’s Teen Driver system and a Wi-Fi hotspot. You also have the possibility of adding more safety features like blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, lane change alert, rear parking sensors, forward collision warning, and rear cross traffic alert.
- RS – The RS includes the features from the previous trims, and it upgrades the exterior style of the Malibu. This trim gives you a black grille, 18-inch black chrome finish aluminum wheels, a rear spoiler, an 8-way power driver seat, a leather wrapped steering wheel, and a leather wrapped shift knob.
- LT – The LT trim adds features like heated front seats, remote start, dual-zone automatic climate control, LED daytime running lamps, LED taillights, 17-inch aluminum wheels, and body-colored heated power outside mirrors.
- Premier – The Premier is your highest trim level option for the Malibu. This trim is notable because it comes standard with the larger 2.0-liter turbo-four engine that gives you 250-horsepower. It also gives you some added features like wireless device charging, an upgraded infotainment system, a heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, a nine-speaker Bose audio system, and a navigation system.
As you can see, each trim level provides you with some different features and capabilities. If you decide which features are most important to you, it can help you narrow down which trim option is best. However, before you make any decisions take a closer look at the performance and features offered in the 2019 Malibu below.
Next, let’s look under the hood of the 2019 Chevy Malibu. This vehicle has two different engine options for you to choose from as well as a third hybrid engine option. The first engine is a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine that gives you 163-horsepower. It is paired with a continuously variable transmission. This engine gives you an estimated 29 city and 36 highway miles per gallon, which is an improvement thanks to the CVT.
Your second engine option is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. This engine produces 250-horsepower. The 2.0-liter engine gives you an estimated 22 city and 32 highway miles per gallon for fuel efficiency.
For 2019, you also have a Malibu hybrid option. This hybrid has a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine that is paired with a lithium-ion battery and an electric motor. The hybrid engine gives you 182-horsepower. For fuel efficiency with the hybrid, you can get an estimated 49 city and 43 highway miles per gallon.
With a few different options, the 2019 Malibu let’s you decide what type of performance you want for you life. You can customize your Malibu with the engine you think will work best with your lifestyle.
On the inside of the Chevy Malibu, you can seat five people on standard cloth seating. There are some optional upgrades like leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats, ventilated front seats, and a heated steering wheel. There is plenty of room for passengers in the front seats as well as the rear seats, so this vehicle is comfortable for kids as well as adults. Also, you can find 15.8 cubic feet of trunk space in the Malibu, which is average for this size of car.
The interior of the 2019 Malibu is comfortable and inviting. It is a good space for all of your driving and riding experiences. This vehicle also offers you some great technology features, which you can learn more about below.
Another great part of the 2019 Chevy Malibu is the technology that this vehicle gives you. You get a lot of great technology features standard, and you have the option to upgrade for even more features.
Standard on the 2019 Malibu, you can get Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, the new Infotainment 3 system, an 8-inch touchscreen, a rearview camera, Bluetooth, keyless entry, push-button start, and Chevy’s rear seat reminder. The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto systems can help you integrate your smartphone with your vehicle so that you can have access to different apps and information from your smartphone. The new infotainment system is very user-friendly and the touchscreen is responsive to make using the technology in the Malibu enjoyable.
Available technology upgrades for the Chevy Malibu include remote start, a 120-volt outlet, a Wi-Fi hotspot, a navigation system, wireless device charging, and a nine-speaker Bose audio system. The 2019 Malibu also offers you some safety technology features that you can learn more about below.
The 2019 Malibu also offers you a lot of great active safety technology so that you and your loved ones can stay safer. Check out some of this safety technology more in detail right here.
- Teen Driver – Teen drivers are young and they lack experience behind the wheel. That is why Chevy has developed a Teen Driver safety system to help them be safer. With features like a Buckle to Drive system and speed limits, this technology can help your teen be safer when they are out driving.
- Low-Speed Front Automatic Braking – This system is only in affect when you are driving at low speeds, so it would be most effective for town or city driving. This system uses a forward-facing camera that helps to determine if a front-end collision is imminent. This system can brake for you if the driver has not started to brake and a collision is coming.
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert – This feature provides you with alerts in your side-mirror if there is a vehicle in a side blind zone while you are trying to change lanes. This system helps to avoid potential collisions when changing lanes.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – This feature is only active when it reverse, but it provides you with alerts if there is something approaching from your left or right as you are backing out of a parking space or driveway.
Those are just a few of the active safety technologies offered in the 2019 Malibu. You can also get great features like front pedestrian braking, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, lane change alert, lane keep assist, and automatic park assist.
The 2019 Chevy Malibu has received some great updates and upgrades, and it already had a lot to offer you. This vehicle gives you the performance you are looking for as well as some great technology and features. What is your favorite part about the Chevy Malibu? Reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet if you have any questions about this specific model.