2020 Chevy Bolt EV
The 2020 Chevy Bolt EV is a funky and fun electric vehicle. This vehicle has a nice interior, some great features, and an all-electric performance that is certain to impress. Below, you can take a closer look at the performance of the 2020 Chevy Bolt, as well as the interior features, safety features, technology features, and more.
Performance and Engine Options
The Chevy Bolt features an electric powertrain, which means this vehicle is better for the environment. It has a great electric range, and you can charge this vehicle quickly to get you where you need to go. Learn more about the specifics of its performance below.
- Engine – The 2020 Chevy Bolt is home to an electric motor and a single-speed transmission. This vehicle also has a lithium-ion battery. The Chevy Bolt is all-electric, which can help you save the environment and save gas money. Many people think of electric vehicles as not having much power, but the Chevy Bolt engine gives you 200-horsepower, and it can get you from zero to 60 in just 6.5 seconds. That is impressive power and acceleration from the Bolt.
- Range and Charging – The Bolt is all-electric, which means that it needs to be charged, but this vehicle can give you 259 miles of driving on a full charge, which is impressive for an electric vehicle. When it comes to charging, it takes about 10 hours to charge the 66-kWh battery pack with a 240-volt outlet. However, with a fast-charging port, you can get a range of 100 miles in just 30 minutes.
- Fuel Efficiency – As mentioned above, the Bolt gives you a range of 259 miles on a full charge, but how does this electric vehicle compare to a gasoline vehicle in terms of efficiency? The EPA measures the efficiency of an electric vehicle in MPGe, which is a mile per gallon of gasoline-equivalent to show you how gasoline and electric vehicles compare. According to the EPA, the 2020 Chevy Bolt gives you 127 MPGe in the city and 108 MPGe on the highway.
The 2020 Bolt is a great option for an environmentally friendly vehicle. This vehicle is efficient, and it has a good range to help you get where you need to go.
The Chevy Bolt has a beautifully sculpted exterior to give you style, as well as increased aerodynamics. The Bolt features a high gloss black grille and some great exterior color options like Cajun Red Tintcoat, Cayenne Orange Metallic, Nightfall Gray Metallic, Mosaic Black Metallic, Kinetic Blue Metallic, and Oasis Blue. This vehicle also gives you exterior features like heated outside mirrors with integrated turn signals, 17-inch machined aluminum wheels, high-intensity discharge headlamps, LED daytime running lamps, and more.
On the inside of the 2020 Chevy Bolt, you can find seating for five people. This vehicle may look small, but it has plenty of room. This vehicle gives you interior options like heated seats, leather upholstery, and plenty of technology features. This vehicle also offers you a good amount of cargo space compared to many electric vehicle competitors. The Bolt has 16.9 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seats, and 56.6 cubic feet with those rear seats folded down.
Let’s take a closer look at the interior of this vehicle. What specific interior features are offered in each Chevy Bolt? Below, you can check out what features are offered on the two different trim levels, as well as some different package options that are available for the 2020 Bolt.
- Chevy Bolt LT – The LT is your base trim option for the 2020 Chevy Bolt. This trim is the most affordable one, but it still gives you a lot of great features. This vehicle comes with a Chevy MyLink infotainment system, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto. You also get features like a 10.2-inch touchscreen, a Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth, two USB ports, cloth upholstery, and a push-button start. Safety features like Teen Driver and a rearview camera also come with the LT trim. If you want even more features added to your Bolt LT, you can add one or more of the packages listed below.
- Comfort and Convenience Package – This package upgrades your interior with heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and an auto-dimming rearview mirror.
- Driver Confidence Package – To add confidence to your driving experience, you can get a few safety features with this package. It will give you blind spot monitoring, lane change alert, rear cross traffic alert, and parking sensors.
- Driver Confidence II Package – The second available driver confidence package offers you even more safety features, including automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, lane keep assist, and automatic high beams.
- Chevy Bolt Premier – The Chevy Bolt Premier is a more high-end version of the Bolt. This trim gives you features like heated rear seats, leather upholstery, and a surround-view parking camera. This trim also includes the Comfort and Convenience package and the Driver Confidence package for no extra cost. If you want to add additional features, you can add the Driver Confidence II package (described above), or the Infotainment package (described below).
- Infotainment Package – This package gives you a few additional technology features, including wireless device charging, two USB ports, and a Bose premium audio system.
There is a lot to love inside the 2020 Chevy Bolt. This vehicle is full of features that you will love. Below, we are going to take a closer look at some of the technology features this vehicle has to offer you.
The all-electric Chevy Bolt is also quite technology-friendly. This vehicle has plenty of features that will make others jealous. The 2020 Bolt comes standard with a 10.2-inch touchscreen. This touchscreen is paired with a Chevy MyLink infotainment system, and it can be connected with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This means you can have access to vehicle controls, music, phone contacts, phone apps, car battery range, and other information and entertainment all in one location.
The Chevy Bolt also helps you stay connected with features like wireless device charging and a Wi-Fi hotspot. This technology can help you stay connected and entertained, even if you are a long way from home. You also have technology like a premium Bose audio system and up to four USB ports that can be found in the Bolt. There is also a lot of safety technology that you can learn more about below.
Safety is something that Chevy takes seriously, and it shows with the different features and technologies found in the 2020 Chevy Bolt. In fact, this vehicle has a five-star overall score for safety from the NHTSA.
Every Bolt is home to safety technologies like a rearview camera and the Teen Driver safety system. There are also other active safety features that are available in different packages. These available features including forward collision warning, parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, lane departure warning, and more. Learn more about some of these safety features below.
- HD Surround Vision – A rearview camera is standard with the Chevy Bolt, but there is also surround vision available. This surround vision gives you a bird’s-eye view of your vehicle and the scene around it. This can be very beneficial when you are trying to park in a tight space.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – This feature is on the lookout for pedestrians that might be in your path. It alerts you if there is someone in your path, and the system can also start braking if it detects and imminent collision. This can help avoid the potential collision or at least reduce the severity of the collision.
- Lane Keep Assist and Lane Departure Warning – This is two features that work together. Lane Departure Warning can notify you if you are unintentionally drifting out of your lane. Then, the Lane Keep Assist can help provide gentle turns to help keep you in your lane if necessary.
As you can see, the Chevy Bolt has a lot to offer you. Its all-electric performance looks out for the environment and helps you save money at the gas pump. You also have technology features to keep you connected and entertained no matter where you are going. The Chevy Bolt also has safety features to look out for you and those you love. This vehicle has a lot to offer you. If you have any questions about the 2020 Chevy Bolt, you can reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet.