2020 Chevy Sonic
Are you looking to upgrade to a new vehicle? A small car can be a great city-friendly vehicle choice. This type of vehicle can offer you good fuel efficiency, as well as the ability to park in small spaces. A car is also easy to maneuver in city traffic. Buying a small car can also be a very affordable option for many people.
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons to upgrade to a small car. The Chevy Sonic is one option when it comes to buying a car. This car is found in the subcompact car class, and it can be found in both a sedan and hatchback version. What else does the 2020 Chevy Sonic have to offer you? You can find out below when we take a closer look at the performance, technology, interior, exterior, and safety of this vehicle. Check it out.
Performance and Engine Options
The Chevy Sonic is a subcompact car that can be great for your everyday commute to work. It is fun to drive, and it offers you plenty of power and great handling.
Under the hood of the 2020 Chevy Sonic, you can find a 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This engine gives you 138-horsepower and 148 pound-feet of torque. This engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. This car also gives you a pretty good fuel economy.
When it comes to the actual driving experience, the 2020 Sonic is fun to drive. It has sharp steering and good handling, and it is overall a sporty vehicle. This vehicle also has a sport-tuned suspension available for getting that added performance.
The 2020 Sonic gives you a sporty look that is a great combination of style and performance. The exterior of this vehicle offers you features like 12-inch painted black aluminum wheels, heated power outside mirrors, fog lamps, LED daytime running lamps, a power sunroof, and more.
This vehicle gives you a functional, as well as a stylish exterior. You have some great exterior color options like Red Hot, Kinetic Blue Metallic, Summit White, Cayenne Orange Metallic, Oasis Blue, and more to allow you to give this vehicle your own style. You get a lot for your money with the 2020 Chevy Sonic, and we have not even taken a look at what this vehicle offers you on the inside.
On the inside of the Chevy Sonic, you can find seating for five people on cloth upholstery. This car is compact, but it offers plenty of head and legroom for your passengers.
Also, the Sonic has both hatchback and sedan versions. When it comes to interior cargo space, the sedan gives you 14.9 cubic feet, and the hatchback gives you 19 cubic feet behind the seats and 47.7 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
What else does the interior of the Chevy Sonic have to offer you? There are a lot of different features, and you also have the ability to upgrade interior features by choosing different trim options for the 2020 Sonic. Check out the different trim level options below.
- LS – This is your base trim for the 2020 Chevy Sonic. The LS will be your most affordable option, but it still provides you with plenty of features. In this trim, you get standard cloth upholstery and a four-speaker audio system. You also get technology features like an infotainment system, a 7-inch touchscreen, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, USB ports, and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- LT – The LT is your mid-level trim. This gives you all the features of the LS, but it adds features like deluxe cloth upholstery, a six-speaker audio system, and satellite radio. You also have the option of adding a few different packages to this trim. One of these packages is the Performance package, and it includes features like a performance exhaust and lowered suspension. You can also add the Convenience package to get heated seats, a heated steering wheel, and remote start. The Driver Confidence package gives you safety features like lane departure warning, forward collision warning, and rear parking sensors.
- Premier – Your top trim for the 2020 Sonic is the Premier trim. This vehicle gives you some added interior features, as well as some exterior features to give you extra style and performance. On the inside, you get synthetic leather upholstery, heated front seats, a push-button start, and a power-adjustable driver’s seat. On the outside, you get black wheels, a sport exhaust, and a spoiler.
Now that you know the difference between the Chevy Sonic models, we can take a closer look at the technology that can be found in this vehicle.
In the 2020 Sonic, you have access to some great technology to keep you entertained and connected while you are on the road. One of the connective technology features is Bluetooth, which allows you to pair your smartphone with your vehicle so that you have access to phone contacts, text messages, and calls through your vehicle.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility go even further to give you access to different apps and music from your smartphone; these apps can be accessed through the infotainment system found in your Chevy Sonic. This infotainment system has a 7-inch touchscreen, and it is responsive and easy to use.
Your Chevy Sonic also gives you technology features like USB ports and a Wi-Fi hotspot so that you could use your vehicle as a mobile office. You also have OnStar connectivity services to keep you further connected.
All the features discussed above are not the only technology you can find in the 2020 Chevy Sonic. This vehicle also has a lot of safety technology, which you can check out below.
The Chevy Sonic may be a small car, but the designers of this car understand the big impact that safety features can make on your everyday life. The 2020 Sonic looks out for you with features like ten standard airbags, which makes this vehicle the first in its class to offer that many airbags.
There are also many different safety technology features that can be found on the Chevy Sonic. These features can look out for you, and some of these features can even prevent collisions from happening in the first place. Features like a rear vision camera, forward collision alert, lane departure warning, and rear park assist can help you stay safer on the road. Check out a few of these features in more detail here.
- Forward Collision Alert – It is dangerous to be following another vehicle too closely because if they stop suddenly, you might collide with them. That is why the forward collision alert safety feature exists. This feature alerts you if you are following a vehicle too closely, and it also alerts you if it detects a potential collision with a vehicle in front of you. This allows you the opportunity to avoid a collision or lessen the severity of one.
- Rear Vision Camera – It can be hard to see behind you when you are going in reverse. The rear vision camera gives you a view of what is directly behind you so that you can see clearly when parking or backing out of a space.
- Lane Departure Warning – If you are drifting into another lane without putting your turn signal on, this safety feature will help you out. The lane departure warning feature will alert you if you are going into another lane so that you can correct yourself and avoid a collision.
These safety technology features can look out for you and help alert you so that you could prevent a collision from happening. That is looking out for you and your passengers!
As you can see, the 2020 Chevy Sonic has a lot to offer you. This vehicle gives you an exciting performance, intelligent safety features, technology that connects you, and its own unique style. If you have any questions about the Chevy Sonic or whether or not this vehicle may be right for you, you can reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet today.