2020 Chevy Malibu
A midsize car can be the perfect vehicle for a small family or for a vehicle to help you on your morning commute. This type of car is big enough to carry a few passengers, and it also gives you great fuel efficiency.
The 2020 Chevy Malibu is one midsize vehicle that you will not want to miss out on. This car gives you the performance you need, along with the technology features you want. This vehicle is also looking out for you in terms of safety. Learn more about exactly what features are found on the 2020 Chevy Malibu below.
Performance and Engine Options
The Chevy Malibu is a capable midsize vehicle. This car offers you great fuel efficiency and a great overall performance. You have the choice of two different engine options with this vehicle so that you can get the performance you are looking for. Learn more about both of these below.
- 1.5-Liter Turbocharged Four-Cylinder – Your base engine is a 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that gives you 160-horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. This engine comes standard with a continuously variable automatic transmission. When it comes to fuel efficiency, you get 29 city and 36 highway miles per gallon. The base engine is the engine you want if you are looking for great fuel efficiency, but if you want more power, you can check out the upgraded engine.
- 2.0-Liter Turbocharged Four-Cylinder – There is an optional 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine that gives you more power if that is something you are looking for in your car. This engine gives you 250-horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. It is also matched with a nine-speed automatic transmission. This engine does not offer you quite as good of fuel efficiency, but it is still pretty good for its class; you can get 22 city and 32 highway miles per gallon.
There is also a Chevy Malibu Hybrid option. This vehicle is home to a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine that gives you 182-horsepower. It gives you up to 49 city and 43 highway miles per gallon. This could be a great option for those looking to increase their fuel efficiency and save some money at the gas pump.
As you can see, you can get different types of performances with the 2020 Chevy Malibu; you just have to choose the one that fits best with your needs.
The Chevy Malibu is designed to look good from every angle. This vehicle has smooth aerodynamic lines that make it look good and perform well for you. There are also beautiful and helpful features in the LED daytime running lamps and LED taillamps. You also have certain trim levels that offer you some fun exterior style like dual exhaust outlets, 18-inch aluminum wheels, black Malibu badges, chrome grille surround, and black grille inserts.
On the inside of the 2020 Malibu, you can find seating for five people on standard cloth upholstery. However, this vehicle offers you available upgrades like leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats, ventilated front seats, an eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, a heated steering wheel, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
The exact features you get on the interior of this vehicle will depend on the trim level of the 2020 Malibu that you choose. Check out the different trim level options below.
- Malibu L – This is your base model Malibu. It gives you features like cloth upholstery and six-way manually adjustable front seats. It also gives you features like a rearview camera, an infotainment system with an 8-inch touchscreen, Bluetooth, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and proximity keyless entry.
- Malibu LS – Your next trim up includes all the features in the Malibu L, and it adds the Chevy Teen Driver system, as well as a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Malibu RS – With the Malibu RS, you get some upgraded exterior features like black exterior accents, a rear spoiler, and alloy wheels. You also get a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a leather-wrapped shift knob.
- Malibu LT – With the LT trim, you get heated front seats, heated outside mirrors, remote start, and dual-zone automatic climate control. You also have the option of adding packages to this trim level. The Driver Confidence package is an option that adds safety features like blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, pedestrian detection, and more. You can also get the Leather package that gives you leather upholstery and a heated steering wheel.
- Malibu Premier – This is your top trim level option. It is the most expensive option, but it offers you the most features. This trim is the most luxurious with options like leather upholstery, heated seats, ventilated front seats, a Bose premium stereo, two USB ports, wireless device charging, a heated steering wheel, a navigation system, and an 8-inch driver information display.
Above, we discussed the different interior features found in the Chevy Malibu, including the technology features. Below, we will explain the technology features in greater detail so that you can better understand what technology you want in your vehicle.
One of the great things about Chevy vehicles is that they offer you a lot of great technology standard and available. In the 2020 Malibu, you get standard technology like an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that gives you access to music, apps, and your smartphone. You also have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto that allow you to integrate your smartphone with your vehicle. A standard rearview camera helps you to be safer when you are backing out of parking spots and your driveway.
Optional technology features in the Chevy Malibu include features like a Wi-Fi hotspot to keep your passengers entertained, or to give you a mobile office. You also have an available navigation system so that you never get lost. For those that love music and podcasts, you can get a nine-speaker premium Bose audio system. There are also technology features like two USB ports, a driver information display, and wireless device charging.
In addition to the great technology features discussed above, the 2020 Malibu has some great safety technology features. These features help drivers stay safer by being more alert to their surroundings. The safety technology uses sensors, radars, and cameras to help alert you to potential dangers and collisions so that they can be avoided if possible. The available safety technologies that can be found on the Chevy Malibu include rear parking sensors, lane keep assist, lane departure warning, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring, forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control, pedestrian detection, Chevy Teen Driver, and more. You can check out some more details for some of these safety features below.
- Chevy Teen Driver – The Chevy Teen Driver technology is a safety system, but it is also a system that allows you to help coach your beginning drivers. This system has features like Buckle to Drive, which makes sure your teen has their seatbelt buckled before they shift the vehicle out of park. This feature can also allow you to set speed restrictions and geographic restrictions. Chevy Teen Driver helps your teens develop better driving habits, but it also keeps track of driving habits so that you can discuss them with your teen and help them improve.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – This safety feature can help avoid a collision or reduce the severity of a front collision. It works when you are moving at speeds below 50 miles per hour, and it alerts you when there is a pedestrian detected in your path ahead. This feature will press on the brakes if you have not done so after the alert.
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert – This active safety technology helps you avoid a potential collision from a lane change. It is easy for someone to appear in your blind spot and you miss them. This feature provides you with a side mirror alert when someone is in your side blind zone.
These safety technologies can help look out for you, your family, and your friends. As you can see, the 2020 Chevy Malibu has a lot of great things going for it. This vehicle can give you the performance you need with a lot of great technology that you want. This could be a great option for you and your lifestyle. Reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet if you would like to know more about the 2020 Malibu.