2020 Chevy Traverse
The 2020 Chevy Traverse is a mid-size SUV. This vehicle has three rows of seating for passengers, plenty of great features, and a highly capable performance. In fact, the Traverse is often ranked very highly on lists of family-friendly SUVs because of all that this SUV can offer you.
The Chevy Traverse debuted in 2009, but has gone through a lot of updates since then. In fact, the Chevy Traverse was entirely redesigned in 2018. For 2020, there are some great updates and interesting features to take a look at, and you can do that right here. You can learn more about the performance, exterior, interior and technology, and the safety features offered on the 2020 Chevy Traverse below.
Performance and Engine Options
The Chevy Traverse is known to be a great family SUV because it offers you plenty of performance as well as some other great features. First, let’s take a closer look at how this vehicle performs for you and your family. Learn more below.
- Engine – The 2020 Chevy Traverse has just one engine option for you. This vehicle comes standard with a 3.6-liter V6 engine. This engine produces 310-horsepower, and it is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. In the past, the Traverse has also had a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, but this is not available for 2020 because the V6 engine gives you more power and a better performance.
- Fuel Efficiency – In the 2020 Traverse, you get good fuel economy with the stop-start function that helps use less gas when you are in stop and go traffic situations. You can expect to get about 18 city and 27 highway miles per gallon in the Traverse with the front-wheel drive. With all-wheel drive, you can expect to get more like 17 city and 25 highway miles per gallon.
- Towing Capacity – Another thing to consider with the performance of the Traverse is how much this vehicle can tow. With a midsize SUV like the Chevy Traverse, you can increase your capability with the ability to tow additional cargo. The 2020 Chevy Traverse gives you a towing capacity of 5,000 pounds.
As you can see, the 2020 Traverse offers you a lot when it comes to performance. You have a capable and powerful engine option, good fuel efficiency, and good towing capacity for this midsize SUV. This SUV also gives you performance features like Traction Select Mode that helps you customize your driving experience with modes like off-road and tow/haul mode.
The exterior of the 2020 Traverse was built to be capable and stylish. This vehicle is 204.3 inches long and 70.7 inches wide, which provides you with plenty of passenger space and cargo space on the inside. This vehicle has dynamic contours on the exterior that give it a great look and a more aerodynamic performance. The 2020 Traverse is available with exterior color options like Mosaic Black Metallic, Summit White, Cajun Red Tintcoat, Midnight Blue Metallic, Silver Ice Metallic, Stain Steel Metallic, and more.
There are a lot of great exterior features to be found on the 2020 Chevy Traverse from capable LED lights to a beautiful overall design. If you want to step up the design of your Traverse even further, you can choose the optional special Redline Edition. The Redline Edition offers features like 20-inch high-gloss black wheels with red accents, black bowtie emblems, a signature black ice grille, dark tail lamps, a gloss black window trim, and more.
Next, let’s look at what this vehicle offers you on the interior. When it comes to seating capacity, the Traverse varies depending on the trim level you choose. The lower trim levels have seating for eight with a second-row bench seat, while the higher trim levels have seating for seven with second-row captain’s chairs. All three rows of seating are spacious enough for adults, so this vehicle is a good one when it comes to bringing passengers along for the ride.
The Traverse also offers you plenty of cargo capacity for everyday life and beyond. The vehicle gives you 23 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row of seating, 57.8 cubic feet of cargo space with the third row folded down, and up to 98.2 cubic feet of cargo space with the second and third rows folded. For easier access to that cargo space there are features like a power-folding third row bench-seat and a hands-free power liftgate.
When it comes to interior features like leather upholstery and technology features, the exact features the Traverse offers depends on the trim level option that you choose. You can learn more about some of your 2020 Traverse trims right here:
- L – Your base trim is the L. This gives you standard features like a rearview camera, an infotainment system, a 7-inch touchscreen, Chevy Teen Driver, Apple CarPlay, a Wi-Fi hotspot, and Android Auto.
- LS – This trim level offers additional features like available all-wheel drive and a rear seat entertainment system.
- LT – The LT trim is available LT Cloth, which gives you cloth seating, and LT Leather, which gives you leather seating, but both have second-row captain’s chairs. Additional features on the LT trims include an 8-inch touchscreen, a power liftgate, blind spot monitoring, and rear cross traffic alert.
- RS – The RS trim level adds leather upholstery, a 10-speaker Bose audio system, and a surround-view parking camera.
- Premier – The next trim level is the Premier. The Premier trim gives you wireless device charging, ventilated front seats, heated second row seats, and a hands-free power liftgate.
- High Country – Your highest trim option is the High Country. This trim gives you almost every feature you could think of, including adaptive cruise control, trailering equipment, and power-folding third-row seats.
Above, we discussed some basic interior features and the features found in each trim level of the 2020 Chevy Traverse. Below, we are going to take a closer look at some of the technology features that are offered to you with this vehicle.
Chevy vehicles give you a lot of great standard technology features so that you can stay connected and get all the convenience that this technology has to offer. All Chevy Traverse vehicles give you an infotainment system and a touchscreen display. This touchscreen can come in a 7 or 8-inch version. This infotainment system gives you access to apps and technology.
In the 2020 Traverse, you also have access to your smartphone and other devices with features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This vehicle also offers six USB ports for plugging in devices as well as a wireless device charging system. Also, the Wi-Fi hotspot and available rear seat entertainment system can help keep your passengers entertained whether your drive is a long one or a short one.
In addition to all the connective technology you can find in the 2020 Traverse, there is a lot of great safety technology. Take a closer look at these safety technology features below.
The 2020 Traverse is a great family SUV. One big reason this vehicle is so good for families is that it offers you some incredible safety features. One of these features is the Chevy Teen Driver system. Chevy Teen Driver allows you to help ensure your teen is being safer when they are on the road. The Teen Driver system allows you to set speed and geographic restrictions as well as features like a reminder to buckle seat belts.
Other safety features available with the 2020 Chevy Traverse include a surround-view parking camera, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, rear parking sensors, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, and more. Learn more about some of these features below.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – This feature helps you watch out for pedestrians when you are going less than 50 miles per hour. If this feature detects an imminent collision, it will give you a warning and try to avoid the collision by pressing the brakes.
- Rear Park Assist – This feature helps you when you are parking or driving in reverse at low speeds. It will help detect objects behind your vehicle that you may not be able to see, and it will alert you if there is something there.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – Rear cross traffic alert will help detect traffic that may be crossing behind you when you are going in reverse. This can help you avoid a collision when you are backing out of a parking space by giving you aural and visual alerts to oncoming traffic.
As you can see, the 2020 Chevy Traverse offers you a lot. This vehicle has a ton of amazing technology and safety features. You also get a comfortable interior and a capable vehicle. With all that the Traverse has going for it, it is easy to see why this is a top SUV for families. If you have any questions about this vehicle and how it can work for you, reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet.