2021 Chevy Colorado
The Chevy Colorado is a compact truck. This truck is not as big as the full-size Silverado, but it still offers you plenty of capability and performance. Also, the slightly smaller size of this truck can be beneficial for driving in the city. Below, you can learn more about the 2021 Chevy Colorado and all that it has to offer you.
What’s New for 2021?
The Chevy Colorado was not completely redesigned for 2021, but there are some changes and updates to this vehicle. One key change is the deletion of the base trim level. The Work Truck trim is now the lowest trim offered on the Colorado. This vehicle also has some exterior updates like a new grille and some new exterior colors. There are also some changes to the different packages offered with the 2021 Chevy Colorado. If you have any questions about this truck or any changes that have been made, you can reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet.
Performance and Engine Options
Performance is a key part of a truck. You need a truck that can do the towing and hauling you need it to. Below, you can take a closer look at the engine options that you have in the 2021 Chevy Colorado. You can also check out the towing capacity that this truck can offer you.
- 2.5-liter four-cylinder – The base engine for the 2021 Colorado is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission, and it produces 200-horsepower and 191 pound-feet of torque. This base engine also offers you a towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds. You will also get the best fuel economy of your gasoline engine options with this four-cylinder engine option.
- 3.6-liter V6 – You also have an available V6 engine option with this truck. This engine is a 3.6-liter V6 engine that produces 308-horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque. This engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission. It also gives you a slightly more towing capacity at 7,000 pounds.
- 2.8-liter turbo-diesel – Your final engine option with the Chevy Colorado is a 2.-liter turbo-diesel engine. This turbo-diesel engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. It also gives you 181-horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque. The diesel engine option gives you the best towing capacity with up to 7,700 pounds. You can also get good fuel economy with this diesel engine option.
As you can see, the Chevy Colorado can give you a great performance. This vehicle is more compact for a truck, which can give you an easy driving experience. However, this vehicle also has plenty of capacity to do towing and hauling. As mentioned above, this vehicle can tow up to 7,700 pounds, which means you could tow a boat, jet ski, kayaks, and more for different adventures.
The Colorado also has an off-road trim that offers you some different performance features. The off-road trim is the Colorado ZR2 that gives you an off-road appearance package, an off-road suspension, tow hooks, hill descent control, and driver-selectable locking front and rear differentials. You can learn more about the truck bed and other exterior features found with the 2021 Chevy Colorado below.
As mentioned above, the Chevy Colorado got a few updates for the 2021 model year. One of these updates is a revised front grille. This front grille is styled to look aggressive, and it is also lower than before to give drivers better visibility. There are also some exterior colors that were added for the 2021 model year. These new colors include Bright Blue Metallic, Sand Dune Metallic, and Chevy Red Tintcoat.
The exterior of the Colorado also helps you get the performance you are looking for. For the ZR2 off-road model, you get features like red tow hooks and performance tires. For your Colorado truck bed, you have the choice of a 5 foot 2 inch bed or a 6 foot 2 inch bed. There are also exterior features like an EZ lift-and-lower tailgate to make loading cargo much easier.
On the inside of the Chevy Colorado, you have seating for four or five, depending on your cab option. There is an extended cab that offers seating for four people, or there is the crew cab that offers you a more spacious interior and seating for five people. This vehicle has standard cloth seating, but there are options like leather seats, heated seats, and a heated steering wheel. You can also find features like automatic climate control in the Chevy Colorado to make your driving experience more comfortable. This truck also offers you some great technology that you can learn more about below.
Chevy vehicles are known to have a lot of great standard technology features. They offer these features because they know that people like to be connected. Chevy is also great about creating technology that is easy-to-use and user-friendly. Below, you can learn about some of the technology features you can find on the 2021 Chevy Colorado.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Connecting your smartphone to your vehicle can give you access to phone contacts and phone apps. The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility in your Chevy Colorado allow you to connect your phone to your vehicle.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot – If you want to turn your vehicle into a mobile office or you simply want to be connected wherever you go, you can get a 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot with your Chevy Colorado. This allows you and your passengers to get online no matter where you travel.
- Touchscreen Infotainment – For 2021, you can find the Chevy Infotainment 3 system on the Chevy Colorado with an 8-inch touchscreen. This system can give you access to different apps and entertainment, and it is a very easy system to use.
- myChevrolet Mobile App – You can download the myChevrolet Mobile App to your phone, and that can help you remotely access your Chevy Colorado. You can lock or unlock your vehicle from this app, as well as being able to remotely start your vehicle. This app can also give you access to important vehicle diagnostic information.
- Wireless Device Charging – If you are on the road, it is a good idea to have your cell phone on you in case you run into trouble. However, if your cell phone dies, it cannot help you. That is why the Chevy Colorado has a wireless device charging feature. This feature allows a person to charge their phone without having to remember to bring along a charger.
Those are just a few of the key technology features you can find in the Chevy Colorado. You can also find features like Bluetooth, USB ports, a seven-speaker Bose audio system, remote start, satellite radio, and more. There are also some great safety technology features on the 2021 Chevy Colorado that you can learn more about below.
The Chevy Colorado has received good scores in different types of safety and crash tests. This vehicle was built to be safer for you. It also offers you some great standard safety technology features that can help prevent accidents or collisions from occurring in the first place.
Some of these standard safety technologies include a rearview camera and the teen driver safety system. There are also available safety technologies like rear parking sensors, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, and more. Check out more information about some of these safety features below.
- Teen Driver – The Teen Driver safety system has different features that watch out for your young driver. This system can set speed limits and audio volume limits to make sure your teen is safe and less distracted while driving.
- Rear Vision Camera – It is hard to see behind you when you are going in reverse. The rear vision camera on the Colorado helps you see better whether you are backing out of a parking space or backing up your vehicle to attach to a trailer.
- Forward Collision Alert – This safety feature monitors the front end of your vehicle, and it alerts you if it detects a potential front-end collision. If you do not apply the brakes, this feature can stop your vehicle for you.
These driver assistance features can look out for you and your loved ones no matter where you are driving. They help keep your driving experience a safer one.
Overall, the Chevy Colorado offers you a lot. This vehicle gives you an impressive performance in a compact truck. You have several different engine options, as well as an off-road trim with off-road features. You also have a great interior with plenty of technology and safety features. This truck could be a great upgrade for your life. Reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet if you would like to learn more about the 2021 Chevy Colorado.