2021 Chevy Silverado 1500
The Chevy Silverado 1500 is a full-size truck that offers you a pretty incredible performance. However, this truck also has a great interior and plenty of technology. You can learn more about the 2021 Silverado model here and why it might be a good fit for you. If you have any questions about this truck, you can reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet.
What’s New for 2021?
There are some exciting updates to the Chevy Silverado 1500 for the 2021 model year. First, a couple of the Silverado engines will have some increased capability and towing capacity for 2021. Next, there will be a few safety technologies that are standard across all models. This will include automatic emergency braking, front pedestrian braking, and forward collision alert. Also, the 2021 Silverado 1500 will be the first Silverado to get the Multi-Flex tailgate. This is a tailgate with multiple configurations to make loading the cargo bed, transporting cargo, and everything else easier.
Below, you can learn more specifics about the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500. This is a truck that will be even more capable than ever, so it is definitely worth checking out.
Performance and Engine Options
The Silverado 1500 is known for its ability to tow and haul. Below, you can check out the engine options found with this truck, as well as how much they can help you tow or haul on a regular basis. Let us know which offers you the performance you are looking for.
- 4.3-liter V6 – The base engine for the Silverado is a 4.3-liter V6 engine. This engine gives you 285-horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque. This engine has a towing capacity of just 7,900 pounds, but it is a good option for everyday driving.
- 5.3-liter V8 – Your next engine is a 5.3-liter V8 engine. This engine gives you 355-horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. This engine has a towing capacity of around 10,000 pounds.
- 2.7-liter turbocharged four-cylinder – There is a 2.7-liter turbocharged engine option that can be found in the Silverado. This engine products 310-horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque. For 2021, this engine gives you a little bit more towing capacity. You can get up to 9,600 pounds of towing capacity and a max payload of 2,280.
- 3.0-liter turbodiesel – This diesel engine option is a good one for torque and fuel efficiency. You can get 277-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque with this 3.0-liter turbodiesel engine option. For 2021, this engine also gives you more towing capacity. You can get a max of 9,500 pounds of towing capacity with this engine option.
- 6.2-liter V8 – This is one of your better engine options for towing. The 6.2-liter V8 engine gives you 420-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. This engine can help you tow up to 13,300 pounds when properly equipped.
In addition to these great engine options, the Silverado offers you some features to make towing and hauling easier. Your truck can give you features like rear trailer view that gives you several camera views to help when backing up a trailer. Also, for 2021, there are new features like cargo bed view enhancement, jack-knife alert, and a trailer length indicator to help make your trailering experience easier.
The Silverado 1500 gives you an incredibly capable performance, but there are other things to love about this truck. Learn more about other features below.
The exterior of the 2021 Silverado has a great style. This vehicle is available in multiple color options with great features like LED lighting, a strong grille, and nice exterior accents. Also, for 2021, the Silverado will feature the new Multi-Flex Tailgate. This will be a multi-function tailgate that allows different configurations for added functionality. With other features like cargo bed LED lighting, a 120-volt power outlet, and 12 fixed tie-downs, the 2021 Silverado truck bed will be more capable than ever.
You also have to think about the bed length you want from your 2021 Silverado. This vehicle can be found with a 5-foot-10-inch bed, a 6-foot-7-inch bed, and an 8-foot-2-inch bed. However, you cannot get every bed length with every cab, so you want to think about how you will be using your truck most often. If you are looking for the most cargo capacity, the 8-foot-2-inch bed is the best option for you, but that will mean you have the Regular Cab and less passenger capacity. This is something to think about when you are looking at different 2021 Silverado 1500 models. Learn more about the interior and passenger capacity for this truck below.
On the inside of the Chevy Silverado, you can find seating for three to six people, depending on the cab option you choose. This truck has standard vinyl upholstery, but there are available upgrades like cloth upholstery, leather upholstery, 10-way power-adjustable front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and more. Check out your interior cab options below.
- Regular Cab – The Regular Cab has the smallest interior space in the Silverado with just one row of seating for up to three people. If you don’t often have passengers, this can be a good option for you.
- Double Cab – The Double Cab offers you two rows up seating with a potential passenger capacity of six people. However, this cab only has half-size rear doors, so the backseat isn’t as spacious.
- Crew Cab – The Crew Cab is your biggest option. If you will routinely have rear passengers, this is the right choice for you. The Crew Cab has seating for up to six, but there are four full doors on this model and plenty of space in the second row. There are 43.5-inches of rear legroom in the Crew Cab model.
The inside of the Silverado 1500 feels pretty high-end, and it offers you multiple options for passenger capacity. There are also a lot of great technology features that can be found in the Silverado 1500 that you can learn more about below.
What kind of technology features does the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 have to offer you? This truck is very tech-savvy with lots of great features for your entertainment. Check out some of these features right here.
- Touchscreen Infotainment – Chevy vehicles are known for their user-friendly infotainment systems, and the Chevy Silverado is no different. It offers you an easy-to-use touchscreen infotainment system that has apps, music, and more.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – You can also connect your smartphone to your vehicle with the use of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. This will integrate your smartphone with your vehicle so that you can have access to apps from your phone, contacts from your phone, your music, and more.
- Bluetooth – You can also take and make phone calls hands-free with the Bluetooth capability in your truck. This can help you keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road while still connecting to your loved ones.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot – Do you want to use your truck for a mobile office? You can with the available Wi-Fi hotspot for your Silverado. You can use this hotspot to connect to the internet for work or simply for entertainment.
These are just a few of the technologies that can be found in the 2021 Silverado. This truck also has features like USB ports, a premium audio system, satellite radio, HD radio, and more. You can also check out more information about the safety technologies that can be found with this truck below.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 was built to be tough for you in the event of a collision, but this truck also has safety features that can help prevent or lessen the impact of a collision. These safety features include things like blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, pedestrian detection, lane departure warning, automatic emergency braking, parking sensors, and more. Learn more about some of these features below.
- Automatic Emergency Braking – This feature will be standard on all Silverado 1500 models for 2021. It will apply the brakes if it detects an imminent front-end collision. This can help avoid or lessen the impact of a front-end collision.
- Forward Collision Alert – This feature uses sensors and cameras to detect a potential front-end collision, and it alerts you if it detects a collision. That way, you can try to avoid the accident before it occurs.
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors – You can also get some additional help when trying to park your truck with the front and rear parking sensors. These will sense anytime you may be too close to an object and alert you so that you can park more safely.
As you can see, the 2021 Silverado 1500 has a lot to offer you in terms of safety. For the 2021 model year, they have stepped up the availability of some of these key safety technologies with features like automatic emergency braking, front pedestrian braking, and more standard on all models.
What is your favorite part of the 2021 Silverado? There are so many things to love about this truck. This truck offers you an extremely capable performance with specific improvements for the 2021 model year. It also offers you some great technology and safety features. You have your choice of cab and bed options as well. If you want to learn about how you can customize your 2021 Silverado for your needs, reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet.