2021 Chevy Tahoe
When you are looking into a family vehicle, you want something that has the right passenger capacity, cargo capacity, safety features, and technology features. The Chevy Tahoe is a great family vehicle with a lot to offer.
Below, we are going to take a closer look at exactly what the 2021 Chevy Tahoe offers you in terms of performance, exterior features, technology, safety features, and more.
Performance and Engine Options
When you look into a large SUV, you want to be sure it has the capability to take on the performance you need for your daily life. Whether it is hauling passengers and cargo or towing larger items, the 2021 Chevy Tahoe can look out for you. Below, you can check out the engine options available with this vehicle, and you can also learn more about other capabilities and performance features.
- 5.3-liter V8 – Your base engine option for the Chevy Tahoe is a 5.3-liter Ecotec3 V8 engine. This engine gives you 355-horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. It is also paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. You can expect to get around 15 city and 22 highway miles per gallon when it comes to fuel efficiency.
- 6.2-liter V8 – If you want more power from your Tahoe, you may choose the optional 6.2-liter Ecotect3 V8 engine. This engine gives you more horsepower and torque; you can get 420-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. It is also paired with the 10-speed automatic transmission. This engine can be found on the High Country trim level, and it gets similar fuel economy to the previous V8 engine.
- 3.0-liter Turbo-diesel – Your final engine option for the Tahoe is a Duramax 3.0-liter turbo-diesel engine option. This engine gives you 277-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, and it is also paired with the 10-speed automatic transmission.
Both of the V8 engines above offer you Dynamic Fuel Management technology to give you optimized capability and efficiency for your daily driving. There are also performance features available with the Tahoe like Magnetic Ride Control and an available Four-Corner Air Ride Adaptive Suspension. This suspension can adjust the vehicle’s height based on different driving conditions to provide more ground clearance, or to get you closer to the ground when getting in and out of your Tahoe.
Also, in terms of capability, the 2021 Tahoe offers you a good amount of towing capacity. If you want to tow a trailer with cargo, a boat, jetskis, or more, you can use your Tahoe to do this. This vehicle offers you a max towing capacity of 8,400 pounds.
The Chevy Tahoe has been completely redesigned for the 2021 model year. This vehicle gives you a modern and capable look with a strong grille, LED lighting, and some great exterior color options. The 2021 Tahoe is available with exterior colors such as Black, Summit White, Satin Steel Metallic, Cherry Red Tintcoat, Empire Beige Metallic, Graywood Metallic, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat, and Midnight Blue Metallic.
There are also great exterior features found on the Tahoe. You can get features like a hands-free programmable power liftgate that makes it easier to load cargo, tow hooks, 22-inch wheels, and so much more.
The interior of the Chevy Tahoe has seating for seven or eight people, depending on whether you choose captain’s chairs or bench seating. This vehicle comes standard with cloth upholstery, but seating upgrades like heated seats, leather upholstery, and upgraded leather upholstery are available. For cargo space, the Tahoe has 25.5 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row of seating, but if you fold down the second and third rows of seating, you can get up to 122.9 cubic feet of cargo space.
The Tahoe offers you several different trim options that each offer you slightly different interior and exterior features. Check out the trims below and an overview of some of the interior features found on these.
- LT – The LT offers you features like Bluetooth, cloth upholstery, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a Chevy infotainment system with a touchscreen.
- RST – The RST gives you 22-inch wheels and the diesel engine option.
- Z71 – This is your new off-road trim for the Tahoe. It offers you features like red tow hooks, a skid plate, an adaptive suspension, and off-road tires.
- Premier – With the Premier, you get heated front and second-row seats. You also get safety features like lane change alert and lane keep assist.
- High Country – The High Country trim gives you the 6.2-liter V8 engine option, as well as features like a 15-inch Head-Up display.
There are also some great technology features on the inside of the 2021 Tahoe. You can learn more about these features below.
The Chevy Tahoe has technology features like Bluetooth, USB ports, an infotainment system, smartphone connectivity, Wi-Fi capability, and more. Learn more about some of these features in greater detail here.
- 10.2-inch Chevrolet Infotainment System – The Chevy infotainment system found in the Tahoe is extremely user-friendly and easy to use. This infotainment system comes with a 10.2-inch touchscreen display that has apps, navigation capability, music capability, and more. It can keep you entertained and connected.
- 15-inch Head-Up Display – The 15-inch head-up display can help you keep your eyes on the road while you are driving. This system displays turn-by-turn directions and safety alerts on the windshield in your line of sight so that you don’t have to be looking down when you are driving.
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Connection – You can also get a 4G LTE Wi-Fi connection in your Tahoe. This connection allows you and your passengers to access many different things while you are on the road. It can be great for entertainment or working on the go.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Keeping your smartphone connected to your vehicle can be important because it can help you make emergency phone calls, navigate to where you are going, and even keep you entertained. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto allow you to connect your phone to your vehicle so that you are always connected.
- Rear-Seat Media System – This system is great to help keep young and old passengers entertained. The available Rear-Seat Media System has two 12.6-inch LCD touchscreens that can display movies, games, and more. Also, these screens can display different content at the same time, so your passengers don’t have to agree on the entertainment options.
These are not the only technology features found in the 2021 Chevy Tahoe, but they are some great ones. You can also learn more about some safety technology featured in this vehicle below.
The Chevy Tahoe has driver assistance technology features that can look out for you and your precious cargo while you are driving. These features can help prevent a collision or lessen the impact of one because they warn you of potential collisions.
Some of these safety technology features come standard like forward collision alert, front pedestrian braking, automatic emergency braking, and a following distance indicator. You also have available safety technologies like rear cross traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, a safety alert seat, and more. Learn more about how some of these features work below.
- Front Pedestrian Braking – With this safety feature, you can potentially avoid hitting pedestrians because it alerts you if there is a pedestrian in the path in front of you. This feature also will automatically apply the brakes if it detects that a collision may occur.
- Forward Collision Alert – Forward collision alert gives you a warning if it detects a potential front-end collision or if you are following a vehicle too closely.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – This feature helps you maintain a safe distance from vehicles ahead of you. It does this by monitoring the gap between the vehicle in front of you and reducing your speed if necessary.
In addition to all the safety technology discussed above, the Chevy Tahoe offers you features like a camera with nine different camera views and an advanced trailering system to look out for your car and your cargo.
The 2021 Chevy Tahoe has some great features that make it a great family SUV. This vehicle has plenty of passenger seating, cargo space, technology, safety features, and the performance that you need. If you have questions about this vehicle or you want to test drive a Tahoe for yourself, you can reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet. We are happy to help you with your next upgrade.