2022 Chevy Malibu
The 2022 Chevy Malibu is a midsize car. This vehicle is a great option for city driving and highway driving alike. It offers you good fuel efficiency and lots of great technology features.
New for 2022, this vehicle has an electronic parking brake standard, and it has discontinued the L trim. What other features and capabilities does this vehicle offer you? Check out the in-depth model review below. We will take a closer look at the performance, exterior, interior, technology, and safety. If you have any questions about the 2022 Chevy Malibu, you can reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet.
Performance and Engine Options
First, let’s see if the 2022 Chevy Malibu has the performance you are looking for. This vehicle offers you two different engine options that you can learn about here.
- 1.5-liter four-cylinder – The base engine in the 2022 Malibu is a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine gives you 160-horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. This engine is paired with a continuously variable automatic transmission. With this base engine, you can expect to get around 29 city and 36 highway miles per gallon.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder – The more powerful engine option, found on the Premier trim is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that gives you 250-horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque. This engine is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. With this engine, you can expect to get around 22 city and 33 highway miles per gallon.
As you can see, the 2022 Malibu provides you with an efficient and capable performance. This vehicle is easy to drive and offers a comfortable driving experience overall. However, the performance is not the only thing this vehicle has going for it. Learn more about all the other features it has below.
On the exterior of the Chevy Malibu, you can find a stylish vehicle with a lot of great features. This vehicle can offer you features like 19-inch aluminum wheels, all-season tires, an acoustic laminated windshield, heated power outside mirrors with integrated turn signals, a dual pane sunroof, halogen headlights, LED daytime running lights, and more.
You can also get the Malibu Midnight Edition or Malibu Sport Edition that adds some great exterior features like 19-inch black-painted aluminum wheels, black bowtie emblems, a blacked-out grille, and more. These special editions can take your 2022 Malibu to the next level.
On the inside of the Malibu, you have seating for five people on standard cloth upholstery. There are available features like leather upholstery, heated front and rear seats, ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and power-adjustable front seats. When it comes to cargo space, the Chevy Malibu offers you about 15.7 cubic feet of trunk space.
The exact features you get in your Chevy Malibu depend on the trim level you get. This vehicle comes with four different trim level options: LS, RS, LT, and Premier. The base LS trim has plenty of standard technology, so it is a great affordable option. The RS and LT add some extra features, but the top-level Premier trim is the one with the more powerful engine option, and it also offers you some of the top features like ventilated seats, heated seats, and more.
The Chevy Malibu offers you a lot of standard technology to keep you connected. Check out some of the main technology features in more detail here.
- Touchscreen infotainment – This vehicle is home to the Chevy Infotainment 3 system that is intuitive and easy to use. This infotainment system comes with a standard 8-inch touchscreen display.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – The Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities offer you the ability to connect your smartphone to your vehicle. This gives you access to phone contacts, apps, music, and more through your infotainment system.
- Wi-Fi hotspot – This vehicle also offers you a standard Wi-Fi hotspot. This can help keep you connected to the internet while you are on the road, which can be great for entertainment, and it can even help your vehicle be used as a mobile office.
- USB ports – This vehicle offers you plenty of USB ports to allow you to connect and charge your different phones, tablets, and more. This can help you stay connected on the road.
- 8-inch digital gauge cluster – Your Malibu also gives you an available 8-inch gauge cluster that can help you keep track of important vehicle information in an easy-to-see display.
- Wireless device charging – The wireless device charging feature helps you make sure your phone is always charged and ready, and you don’t have to mess with car chargers and cords. This feature is great because you never want to run out of battery on your phone when you are driving, you never know when you may need your phone.
- Premium Bose stereo – This vehicle can also be home to a nine-speaker Bose stereo to help you enjoy your drive even more with excellent audio. Whether you want to listen to an audiobook, podcast, or your favorite music, this stereo gives you a high-quality listening experience.
- Navigation system – If you want to be sure you know where you’re going, the built-in navigation system can look out for you. This shows you the area you are driving in, and it can help you get the directions you need to get you where you are going safely.
- Push-button start and proximity keyless entry – You also have features in your Chevy Malibu like proximity keyless entry and a push-button start. These features make your life more convenient because you don’t have to have your keys in your hand to unlock your vehicle or start it.
These technology features are some of the main ones that can be found in the 2022 Chevy Malibu. However, this vehicle also has safety technology features that you can learn more about below.
When it comes to safety, the Chevy Malibu is looking out for you. The Insurance Institute from Highway Safety gave its highest rating of Good for the 2022 Malibu in all five crash tests. This means this vehicle is designed and built to keep you and your loved ones safe and protected.
This vehicle also has plenty of safety technology features to try to prevent or lessen the impact of a collision in the first place. The standard features in this vehicle include Teen Driver, a rearview camera, and the Buckle to Drive feature. Additional features are available on higher trim levels. These available features include forward collision warning, front pedestrian detection, automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, automatic high-beam headlights, and rear cross traffic alert. You can learn more about some of these safety features in greater detail below.
- Teen Driver – This safety technology has several features to help watch out for young drivers. It can be setup so that there are certain speed limits and audio level limits for secondary drivers. It can also be a way to track a ‘report card’ of your teen’s driving so that you can help them learn and improve their driving. It can help give you peace of mind.
- Forward Automatic Emergency Braking – This safety feature works to prevent or lessen the impact of front-end collisions. It looks out for a potential front-end collision, and it will apply the brakes, if necessary, to try to avoid the impact.
- Lane Keep Assist – This safety feature helps you stay in the correct lane. It will detect if you are unintentionally drifting out of the lane, and it can make minor steering corrections to keep you in the center of the lane.
Rear Cross Traffic Alert – The rear cross traffic alert feature works to detect vehicles crossing behind you when you are going in reverse. This can be helpful as it can be hard to see rear crossing traffic.
These safety features and more can reduce the impact of a collision or help you avoid it altogether. That is safety and peace of mind for you when you, or even your teen is driving.
As you can see, the 2022 Chevy Malibu is a car with a lot to offer you. This vehicle can offer you solid performance and plenty of great technology and features. It is designed to help you take on your life in style. If you have any questions about the Chevy Malibu, you can reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet.