2023 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
A heavy-duty truck is for those that are doing a lot of towing and hauling on a regular basis. Whether you are looking for a work truck to haul work supplies or something to tow boats, RVs, and more, the Chevy Silverado 2500 HD is a great option. This gives you a powerful performance and plenty of towing and hauling capability. It is definitely worth taking a closer look. Learn more about all that this vehicle has to offer you below, and reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet with any questions you may have.
What’s New for 2023?
There are not a ton of changes for the 2023 model year for the 2500 HD, but there are a few. One thing worth noting is the availability of the MultiFlex tailgate on all the different models, which can make your loading and unloading easier.
Performance and Engine Options
First things first, let’s take a look at the performance of this heavy-duty truck. The Silverado 2500 HD is built for serious towing and hauling, so let’s discuss the engine options and capabilities it offers you.
- 6.6-liter V8 gasoline engine – The base engine for the 2023 Silverado 2500 HD is a gasoline engine option. It is a 6.6-liter V8 engine that is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. It offers you 401-horsepower and 464 pound-feet of torque.
- 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8 engine – Your other engine option is a turbo diesel engine. This 6.6-liter turbodiesel V8 engine is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission. This engine can produce 445-horsepower and 910 pound-feet of torque.
The Silverado 2500 HD can offer you a towing capacity of up to 18,510 pounds when this vehicle is properly equipped. This highest level of towing capacity can be found on the 2500 HD Regular Cab Long Bed model with the 17-inch wheels and available fifth-wheel hitch.
This vehicle also offers you some features that make this heavy-duty performance even better. There are features like backup cameras, hitch cameras, hitch guidance assist features, and more that are tailored to giving you an easier towing and hauling experience. The Silverado HD has 8 cameras and up to 15 different camera views, as well as an Advanced Trailering System to give you customized trailer profiles through your infotainment system or the myChevrolet mobile app. You also have features like an available Head-Up Display to project important vehicle information on your windshield right in your line of sight.
This vehicle has exterior features like integrated bed steps, trailering mirrors to give you a better look at your cargo, LED lighting, all terrain tires, and more.
When it comes to cargo bed options, this vehicle has two different bed lengths to choose from. There is a long bed and a standard bed. The standard bed is 80.2 inches long, and the long bed is 96.3 inches long. In the cargo bed, you can find features like 12 tie down points, LED cargo area lighting, and a built-in 120-volt outlet.
Another great feature on the exterior of the Silverado 2500 HD is the available Multi-Flex tailgate. This tailgate has multiple different configurations that help you with all kinds of work. There is the primary normal tailgate, a tailgate with a load stop, a full-width step in the tailgate, a work surface that flips down for you to use, an inner gate load stop, and an inner gate that flips down to give you easier access to the bed.
This truck can give you style as well as performance. This truck can be found with exterior colors like Northsky Blue Metallic, Black, Cherry Red Tintcoat, Greenstone Metallic, Red Hot, Silver Ice Metallic, Summit White, Iridescent Pearl Tricoat, and more.
On the inside of the 2023 Silverado 2500 HD, you have three different cab options. Check them out right here.
- Regular Cab – The Regular Cab in the Silverado 2500 HD has seating for just three in one row on a bench seat. This cab is paired with the long bed option.
- Double Cab – The Double Cab offers you more passenger space with two rows of seating for up to six people. It can be found with the standard bed or long bed.
- Crew Cab – The Crew Cab offers you the most passenger capacity. It has two rows of seating for up to six people, but the second row of seating is larger offering more space for rear passengers. This cab can be paired with the standard bed or long bed.
The base model of the 2500 HD has very minimal interior features, and is home to vinyl seating surfaces, but you can get some additional interior upgrades on other models. In these cabs, you can get features like heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and leather seats.
The interior of this truck also has some great technology features for entertainment and connectivity. Check out these technology features below.
- Infotainment system – You can find a Chevy Infotainment 3 plus infotainment system on specific 2500 HD models. This infotainment system comes with an 8-inch touchscreen display to give you easy access to your apps, entertainment, and more.
- Bluetooth – You can talk on the phone hands-free through your vehicle with the Bluetooth capability in your Silverado 2500 HD.
- Navigation system – A navigation system can be a great feature to have in a work vehicle. This can help you get where you need to go, especially if you have never been there before.
- Wi-Fi hotspot – You also have the option of getting a Wi-Fi hotspot in your Silverado 2500 HD. This can keep you connected, which can be important when you are on the job. It can also be nice for entertaining any passengers you may have.
- Wireless device charging – Don’t worry about bringing along a phone charger when you can get built-in wireless device charging in your truck. This ensures you have a fully charged phone when you really need it.
- 12-volt power outlet – You also have a 12-volt power outlet to make it easier to charge certain devices to have what you need on the go.
- Driver information display – This can help you display important driving information you need right in your line of sight. This can be found in a 3.5-inch, 4.2-inch screen, or an 8-inch screen.
These technology features can keep you connected and entertained during even the toughest of jobs. Just because you are working hard doesn’t mean you need to lack in technology and entertainment. This truck also has some great safety technology features that you can learn more about below.
If you are regularly towing and hauling heavy loads, you want to do so in a truck that can be safe for you. There are some available safety features in your Silverado 2500 HD that can help you keep you and your cargo safer. Some of these safety technologies include a rear vision camera, rear cross traffic alert, forward collision alert, a rear seat reminder, lane departure warning, front and rear park assist, teen driver safety system, automatic emergency braking,
- Forward Collision Alert – If you are approaching something in front of you and there is potential for a collision, this safety feature will alert you so that you can apply the brakes or work to avoid the collision.
- Front and Rear Park Assist – This feature uses cameras and sensors to help you more easily be able to park. The 2500 HD is a large truck, so this feature will help to alert you if you are getting close to another vehicle as you are maneuvering.
- HD Rear Vision Camera – You can also find a high-definition rear vision camera in your Silverado 2500 HD. This camera can help you see behind you so that you can tell if there are any obstacles in your path when driving in reverse.
- Lane Departure Warning – The lane departure warning system will alert you if you are drifting out of your lane unintentionally. This feature can help you stay in your lane.
These newer Silverado 2500 HD models offer you more available safety features. These safety features can help you stay safer when you are towing and hauling heavy loads. Features like the rear vision camera and park assist can really make a difference for you.
As you can see, there is a lot to love about the 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. This is a great heavy-duty truck that can help you get the job done. This is for people who need a capable work truck and will be hauling often. If you won’t be towing/hauling much, you can move down to the Silverado 1500, or if you want to tow/haul even heavier loads, you can check out the Silverado 3500 HD.
Reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet with any questions you may have. We would be happy to help you find the truck that meets your everyday needs.