2023 Chevy Traverse
The Chevy Traverse is a midsize SUV with a lot to offer you. This vehicle has great passenger capacity and cargo capacity to make it a family-friendly vehicle. It also offers you a capable performance with lots of safety features that look out for you and your passengers. You can also stay entertained in the Chevy Traverse with features such as a Wi-Fi hotspot and more.
Think the Chevy Traverse might be a good fit for you? Check out an in-depth look at the 2023 Traverse below, and reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet if you have any questions about this vehicle.
Performance and Engine Options
First, let’s take a closer look at what you can expect in terms of performance from this midsize SUV. We will look at the engine, fuel efficiency, and more.
- 3.6-liter V6 engine – There is one engine option in the 2023 Traverse, and that is a 3.6-liter V6 engine. This engine produces 310-horsepower and 266 pound-feet of torque. It is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
The Traverse has front-wheel drive standard, but you can upgrade to get all-wheel drive in this vehicle. Overall, the Traverse offers you good handling and a capable driving experience. This vehicle has a start/stop engine system, which can cut the power to conserve power and fuel when you are waiting at stoplights. When it comes to fuel efficiency, you can expect to get around 18 city and 27 highway miles per gallon.
This SUV also offers you some decent towing capacity. You can tow up to 5,000 pounds when this vehicle is properly equipped. This can give you more capability and versatility for cargo carrying. You can also get a trailer-hitch guidance with your rearview camera to make towing and hauling easier for you.
What other features does the 2023 Traverse have to offer? Check it out below.
The exterior of the Chevy Traverse measures 17.2 feet long, and it has a curb weight of about 4,300 pounds.
This vehicle has some great elements that blend design and function like a strong grille, powerful LED headlights, raised roof rails, and some great exterior color options. You can get exterior paint colors like Iridescent Pearl Tricoat, Black Cherry Metallic, Radiant Red Tintcoat, Mosaic Black Metallic, Sterling Grey Metallic, and more.
You can even get a special edition like the Midnight Edition and get features like a Black grille, Black badging and bowtie emblems, black wheels, and more.
Other exterior features can include 18-inch wheels, all-season tires, body color power-folding mirrors with integrated turn signals, keyless entry, LED headlights, LED tail lights, and LED daytime running lights.
This SUV can seat seven or eight people, depending on which model you choose. The base model seats eight people with a second-row bench seat, but other models have second-row captain’s chairs and seating for seven people.
Standard interior features in this vehicle include cloth upholstery and tri-zone automatic climate control. You can upgrade your interior to get features like a power-adjustable driver’s seat, a power-adjustable passenger’s seat, leather upholstery, a heated steering wheel, heated front seats, heated second row seats, and ventilated front seats.
When it comes to cargo space, the Chevy Traverse offers you 23 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row of seating. If you fold down that third row, you can get 57.8 cubic feet of cargo space. If you fold down both the second and third rows of seating, you can get up to 98.2 cubic feet of space. This is plenty of cargo space for moving even some large items. You also have the option of getting a hands-free power liftgate to make loading up that cargo easier.
Also on the inside of the Traverse, you have some great technology. Chevy vehicles like this one are known for being packed with user-friendly technology features. Chevy knows that you want connection and entertainment on your drive, so they give you features like the ones listed below.
- Touchscreen infotainment system – This vehicle has an easy-to-use touchscreen infotainment system. This can be found with a 7-inch or 8-inch touchscreen, depending on the model.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – This vehicle also has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so that you can connect your smartphone to your vehicle. This gives you easy access to smartphone apps, music, phone contacts, and more through your touchscreen. Also, new for 2022, this feature is wireless; previous models required a wired connection for your Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Bluetooth – Make calls hands-free and stay safer on the road with the Bluetooth capability in your 2023 Traverse.
- Wi-Fi hotspot – Working on the go? Trying to keep your passengers entertained? You can do both with a Wi-Fi hotspot in your SUV.
- Wireless device charging – You also never have to worry about packing a car charger because you can get built-in wireless device charging in your Chevy Traverse. This ensures that your phone is charged in case you really need it out on the road.
- Premium audio system – If you love listening on the road, you will love the available 10-speaker Bose premium audio system. It makes every listening experience a more enjoyable one.
- Remote start – Start your vehicle from the comfort of your own home with the remote start feature. This can get your 2023 Traverse warmed up and ready to go for you with just the touch of a button.
- Household-style power outlet – This SUV can also be home to a 120-volt household-style power outlet. This makes it easy to charge devices and more on the go.
The Chevy Traverse is a very tech-savvy vehicle. You can also find available features like proximity keyless entry, a push button start, a 4.2-inch digital instrument cluster, and a universal garage door opener. These features can make your life easier and more convenient. Other features that look out for you are the safety features found in this vehicle, which you can learn about in the next section.
There are a lot of great safety features to be found in the Chevy Traverse. This vehicle offers you plenty of standard safety technology, including teen driver, rear seat alert, a rearview camera, forward collision warning, pedestrian detection, forward automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, lane departure warning, and automatic high-beam headlights. Other available safety features include adaptive cruise control, rear cross traffic alert, parking sensors, a safety alert seat, blind spot monitoring, and a surround-view parking camera system. Check out some of these features in greater detail below.
- Lane keep assist – You will stay safely in your lane with the lane keep assist safety feature. This feature monitors where you are in your lane, and if you start to drift out of your lane unintentionally, it will make minor steering corrections to keep you in your lane.
- Teen driver – Chevy offers a unique safety feature in their Teen Driver technology. This feature lets you set speed limits and audio volume maximums for your young driver. You also can implement a buckle to drive feature that makes sure that your teen buckles their seatbelt before the vehicle will shift into drive. These features can look out for your inexperienced drivers and keep them safer on the road.
- Forward automatic emergency braking – You can avoid or lessen the impact of a collision with this feature. It uses cameras and sensors to monitor in front of your vehicle, and it will automatically apply the brakes if it detects an imminent collision. This will help keep you and others safer on the road.
- Rear cross traffic alert – This feature will alert you of vehicles crossing behind you as you move in reverse. It can help you avoid a collision when backing out of a driveway or parking space.
All of these safety features can help look out for you and your passengers, as well as other drivers on the road. The Chevy Traverse offers a lot of safety features standard to make your driving experience a better and safer one.
As you can see, the 2023 Traverse has a lot to offer you. This midsize SUV can provide you with a capable performance, plenty of safety technology, lots of connective entertainment, and a great style. If you have any questions about the Chevy Traverse, or you would like to set up a test drive, reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet.