Chevy Equinox Trims and Packages
The 2021 Chevy Equinox is a great SUV option with a lot to offer you. However, if you are looking to upgrade to this vehicle, you will have to choose which Equinox trim is right for you.
There are four different trim levels to choose from with the 2021 Chevy Equinox. These trim options include the L, LS, LT, and Premier trim levels. Check out what features each of these trims offer you below.
The L is your base trim level option for the 2021 Equinox. It will be your most affordable option, but it will also have the least standard features. However, the L model is still packed with plenty of safety and technology features standard, so it is a great option for many.
You get the base engine standard in this base trim level. The base engine is a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This engine gives you 170-horsepower and 230 pound-feet of torque. This engine is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
This trim level gives you standard cloth upholstery, proximity keyless entry, and an infotainment system standard. You also get features like a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, four USB ports, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a Wi-Fi hotspot standard. This is a lot of great technology to keep you connected, and it can all be found on the base model.
There are also a lot of great safety technology features that come standard in the Equinox L. This trim offers you a rearview camera and the Teen Driver safety system standard. This Teen Driver system can help you set geographic and speed limits for your young driver to help them be safer. You also get standard safety technology like pedestrian detection, forward collision warning, automatic emergency braking, lane keep assist, a following distance indicator, lane departure warning, and a rear-seat reminder.
For a base trim, the L offers you a lot of great standard features, but you can get even more features in the other trims below.
The LS trim is your next step up. This trim level includes all the features that were standard in the L trim, but it adds some other options. You get the same base engine in this model, but you do have the option of upgrading to all-wheel drive in the LS trim.
There are other available upgrades with the LS trim level. You have the option of an eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat and a rear entertainment system. You also have the option of
- LS Convenience Package – This is one of your package options for the LS trim. It offers you features like an eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, two-way power-adjustable driver lumbar, and deep-tinted rear glass.
- Blackout Package – This is an appearance package available on the LS trim. This package gives you a gloss black emblem kit, a black grille with black surround, black mirror caps, and front and rear black bowtie emblems.
The LS trim level offers you a few more features than the standard package, but if you are looking for a more high-end interior and the more powerful engine, you will want to check out the LS or Premier trims.
When you step up to the LT trim in your Chevy Equinox, you get some interesting options like a more powerful engine and some great packages to consider.
The LT trim is the first trim the comes with the option of the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. This 2.0-liter engine gives you 252-horsepower and 260 pound-feet of torque, and it is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. This engine option is only available on the LT and Premier trims.
This trim option also adds a few features like a power-adjustable driver’s seat and satellite radio. You also get HID headlights with this trim and a color driver information display.
However, the LT trim also gives you some package options to get additional features with this specific trim level. Check out the main package options below.
- Confidence and Convenience Package – The Confidence and Convenience package on the LT model adds features like heated front seats, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, and a power liftgate. You also get a couple of additional safety features with this package, including blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and rear parking sensors.
- Infotainment Package – If you add the Infotainment package to your LT trim, you get features like a larger 8-inch touchscreen, a navigation system, two more USB ports, and a power outlet.
In addition to the packages discussed above, the LT trim offers you the option of the Midnight or Sport Editions. These special Edition vehicles give you options like leather upholstery, black exterior trim, black alloy wheels, a driver’s seat with memory settings, and an auto-dimming rearview mirror.
The Chevy Equinox Premier is the top-of-the-line trim option. This trim has the most features standard, and it offers you the highest level of comfort and luxury on the inside. Like the LT trim, the Premier trim also gives you the option of the 2.0-liter engine. Check out everything that this Premier trim offers you right here.
With the Premier trim, you get the nicest interior of all the Equinox trims. This interior gives you features like heated front seats, a memory setting for the driver’s seat, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, dual zone automatic climate control, leather upholstery, LED headlights, an 8-inch touchscreen, a hands-free power liftgate, and more. You also get additional safety features like blind spot monitoring, parking sensors, and rear cross traffic alert.
You also have a couple of package options available with the Premier trim that you can check out in more detail below.
- Confidence and Convenience II – As mentioned above, the Premier trim comes with the Confidence and Convenience package from the LT trim, but there is a Confidence and Convenience II package that is optional with the Premier. This package adds features like heated rear seats, ventilated front seats, a heated steering wheel, an eight-way power-adjustable passenger seat, a safety alert seat, and a surround-view parking camera.
- Infotainment II – You also have the option of the Infotainment II package on your Premier trim. This package adds a seven-speaker premium Bose audio system, HD radio, and a navigation system.
As you can see, the Equinox Premier offers you the most standard features, and you get the option of some available features you can’t get on lower trim levels. If you are looking for the top-of-the-line option, this is the trim for you.
Do you have questions about which of these 2021 Chevy Equinox trim levels is right for you? Reach out to us at Betley Chevrolet and let us help you.