Getting Technical with the Chevrolet Tahoe
The Chevrolet Tahoe has a lot of capability and capacity for your life, but you may be wondering what that actually means. Here, we are going to get technical with the 2019 Chevy Tahoe and talk about the vehicle’s capability and how that will work for your life. We are going to get into specific numbers like towing capacity, cargo volume, and more. Check it out!
- Towing Capacity – The towing capacity of a vehicle describes the maximum weight that your vehicle can pull while towing. In the 2019 Tahoe, you have a towing capacity of 8,600 pounds. That gives you a great deal of capacity, like the ability to tow kayaks, canoes, jetskis, four-wheelers, boats, and more. For example, a fishing boat can weigh around 1,600-pounds, and a pontoon can weigh over 3,000-pounds. Your Chevy Tahoe could tow both of those and more.
- Fuel Efficiency – When it comes to fuel efficiency, the exact fuel efficiency of your Tahoe depends on the engine option that you choose. The base V8 engine gives you around 15 city and 22 highway miles per gallon, and the upgraded engine gives you 14 city and 23 highway miles per gallon. These are good numbers for an SUV of this size and weight.
- Cargo Volume – Cargo space is important for your adventures. Let’s take a closer look at the numbers for cargo volume in the 2019 Chevy Tahoe. This SUV has three rows of seating, and behind the third row, it gives you 15.3 cubic feet of cargo space. If you fold down the third row of seating, you can get 51.7 cubic feet of cargo space. Then, if you fold down the second and third rows, you get up to 94.7 cubic feet of cargo space. This gives you plenty of room to store belongings and cargo for your adventures, and the Tahoe also has an available power tailgate and hands-free tailgate to make loading your vehicle easier.
- Passenger Capacity – The 2019 Chevy Tahoe can seat up to nine people. In its standard seating configuration, it seats eight on standard cloth upholstery. However, there are a few different ways you can change around the seating. You can add a front row bench seat to get yourself to nine passengers, you can have second-row buckets seats instead of the bench, and you can delete the third row entirely. This SUV offers you a lot of options so that you can customize the passenger capacity to your needs.
- Trim Level Capabilities – In the Tahoe, you also have the option to choose one of three different trim levels. Each trim level has different features and customizations to give you the capacity and the capability that you are looking for. The base trim is the LS, and this trim gives you a lot of great technology with an optional Enhanced Driver Alert package. The LT offers you everything the LS has plus options like a Luxury package. The Premier adds even more features, and it has second-row bucket seats. The trim level you choose depends on the capability you are looking for.
Above, we looked at the capacities and capabilities of the 2019 Chevy Tahoe. This SUV gives you a lot of great capabilities with plenty of room for passengers and cargo as well as the ability to tow large loads. You even get good fuel efficiency for this large SUV, and you can customize your preferences through the multiple trim level options. When you get technical, you can see all that the Chevy Tahoe can do for you.