The Chevy Silverado Gets the Job Done
The Chevy Silverado 1500 can help you get even the tough jobs done. This truck makes your everyday work easier with a lot of great capability. Check out the details of the performance and capability of the 2019 Silverado 1500 below.
- Engine Options – You have several options when it comes to engine for the Silverado 1500. This allows you to customize the performance you need for your work. The base engine is a 4.3-liter liter V6 engine that produces 285-horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque. This base engine is good for general driving and light towing, but for more heavy-duty towing, you will want to upgrade to one of the other options. Your next engine option is a 5.3-liter V8 engine that gives you 355-horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. Then, you have a 6.2-liter V8 that gives you 420-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. Next up, is a turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that gives you 310-horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque. Your final engine option is a 3.0-liter turbo-diesel engine that gives you 277-horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, which makes it great for towing.
- Towing Capacity – Towing capacity describes how much your truck can tow in pounds. The exact towing capacity of your 1500 depends on the engine option and the trailering package, but we have some good estimates for you. The base engine can tow around 7,600 pounds max. The 5.3-liter V8 engine can tow closer to 9,800 pounds. Finally, your 6.2-liter V8 engine can tow around 12,500 pounds when properly equipped.
- Payload Capacity – Your payload capacity refers to how much weight a truck can carry. This includes both passengers and cargo in the cab and bed of the truck. The payload capacity of the Chevy Silverado 1500 also depends on the specific model, but you can expect it to be between 1,700 and 2,600 pounds.
- Cab Options – With the 2019 Chevy Silverado, you have three different cab options to give you the space you need for passengers. If this work truck will be used to haul equipment as well as people, you might want to choose the Silverado Double Cab or Crew Cab option. These two cabs seat five or six people. The Crew Cab is slightly bigger, which gives the rear passengers more legroom. If you will be mostly driving by yourself in this vehicle, you might want to choose the Regular Cab model, which only has seating for three people.
- Technology Features – When it comes to technology, the Silverado 1500 has plenty of options that make work life easier. For example, this vehicle offers you Bluetooth for business calls on the go. You also get an infotainment system for those long drives. The Silverado 1500 also has options like USB ports, wireless device charging, and a Wi-Fi hotspot to make sure you are connected to your technology. Also, with two 120-volt power outlets, you have the ability to have extra power with your work. There are also a lot of great active safety features like a rearview camera, rear cross traffic alert, forward collision alert, parking sensors, and more to keep you safer on the job.
If you work hard, you need a truck that can help make your work easier. The Chevy 1500 can be that truck for you. Reach out to us if you have any questions about the Silverado 1500.
See Chevy Silverado inventory